Merci de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire.

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session

Auteur Sujet: Nick POPE  (Lu 12005 fois)

dificultnspa

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
Re : Nick POPE
« Réponse #15 le: 28 janvier 2010 à 09:26:47 »

Lien déjà posté dans la revue de presse par Icarl,

Nick Pope réagit à la conférence à la Royal Society de Londres

If the cosmic phone rings... don't answer.

Contact ... should we be afraid?

By NICK POPE, Former MoD UFO expert

Published: Today

IT has been the subject of movies for decades - but what would REALLY happen if aliens visited earth?

This may sound like a topic for conspiracy theorists or mad UFO obsessives yet this week science's finest minds gathered in London to debate that very question.

Worryingly, it was suggested that if aliens did come calling, the result would be more Mars Attacks than ET.

The conference - The Detection Of Extraterrestrial Life And The Consequences For Science And Society - was held at the high-brow Royal Society HQ in central London.

Founded in 1660, the Society's members have included legendary scientific figures Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking. This event, which I attended, included representatives of NASA, the European Space Agency and the UN Office For Outer Space Affairs. Lord Martin Rees, the Astronomer Royal and president of The Royal Society, chaired several sessions. A few years ago we had no evidence of any planets other than those in our solar system. Now we have discovered more than 400.

Radio telescopes scan the skies, listening for signals from extraterrestrial civilisation. We are looking and listening further into the universe than ever before, striving for the answer to the ultimate question: Is the universe teeming with life?

To find out the big issues the event addressed, see the headings below.

Friend or foe?

IF we find life, will they be friendly or here to exterminate us? Views are split.

It has been suggested that civilisations might willingly broadcast information - a sort of cosmic Facebook. Might we tap in and learn something helpful? Other experts pointed out it could be like our own history when a technologically advanced society has encountered a more primitive one - ending in violence.

Professor Simon Conway Morris, a Cambridge University palaeontologist, said if the cosmic phone rings, don't answer.

With TV signals already in space, it could be too late.

Biohazard

IN the movie The War Of The Worlds, the invading aliens were wiped out by terrestrial bacteria.

If we encounter extraterrestrial life, even if it is just microbes, might we share the same fate? Some delegates thought this was a real risk and said it was vital that strict controls are put in place to deal with any potentially biological material brought back from space missions.

There is the related ethical issue, even on uninhabited worlds, of whether terrestrial microbes from an unsterilised spacecraft might contaminate other planets.

What right do we have to do this?

Don't panic

IF we discover alien life, many people think there will be mass panic.

If we faced an invasion, clearly that would be true. But delegates suggested just an announcement of evidence of life would have little effect. Opinion polls already show large numbers of people believe in alien life. Add to this sci-fi movies embedding the idea of aliens in our minds and there isn't a problem. In 1996 NASA announced they had found a Martian meteorite with evidence of life.

President Clinton made a speech, David Bowie's Life On Mars got a lot of airplay, but life just went on.

Religion

IT is often said the discovery of other civilisations would shatter world religions. Delegates were not so sure.

Professor Ted Peters, a theologian, briefed the meeting on some survey results that suggested that rather than undermine religious beliefs - whatever the faith - it would strengthen them, by making God's creation seem even bigger and more wonderful.

Not everyone agreed. British physicist Paul Davies thought Christians would have a problem, given the central belief that Jesus died to save us.

If we discover other civilisations it would raise the awkward question - why just us?

Who speaks for planet Earth?

WHO would take the lead when it comes to dealing with a visit from alien life?

One proposal was that it should be the United Nations.

There is an intriguing precedent. The Voyager 1 spacecraft, currently on its way to the stars after its launch in 1977, contained a message from the then Secretary General of the United Nations, Austrian Kurt Waldheim.

In part, this read: "I send greetings on behalf of the people of our planet. We step out of our solar system into the universe seeking only peace and friendship."

UFOs

THIS was discussed more openly over coffee and biscuits.

UFOs were the "elephants in the room". As ufologists point out, why search for life "out there" if it is already "down here"? The irony of an event like this when UFO sightings are at record levels was not lost on attendees. Someone pointed out how unscientific it was for the MoD to cut its UFO project when there were many cases where there was evidence something strange had been seen, such as sightings tracked on radar.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", Lord Rees responded, before swiftly moving on.

Conspiracy theories

WHEN people interested in UFOs found out about The Royal Society event they were shocked and intrigued.

But their mood soon turned to suspicion and anger.

Conspiracy theories started almost immediately and the event is being widely discussed on various websites, blogs and forums.

The feeling in the "UFO community" is that this proves the powers that be know we are being visited by alien life.

They think this meeting was preparing the way for official confirmation of an alien presence among us.

Conference conclusions

SCI-FI writer Arthur C. Clarke once said: "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

And I agree.

The question of whether there is other life in the universe is probably the biggest and most profound we can ask.

With the rate of our discoveries, we may soon get an answer.

In a field where there are so many uncertainties, only one thing is certain.

The day we make first contact will change our world forever.

« Modifié: 28 janvier 2010 à 15:12:30 par Michel-Vallée »
Sauvons la planète, notre Mère la Terre...
Sans elle pas de survie possible.

Nemo492

• Administrateur
  • En ligne En ligne
« Réponse #16 le: 28 janvier 2010 à 14:53:02 »

AMA c'est parti pour faire un article différent de
"Paul Davies à la conférence de la Royal Society de Londres",
déjà bien copieux.

J'y ai pensé, c'est pour ça que j'ai fait la trad, pas spécialement pour moi, pour qui veut le faire.
« Modifié: 28 janvier 2010 à 15:30:05 par Diouf »
On n'est jamais si bien trahi que par ses amis les plus proches..
Mais tant que tu n'as rien, on ne risque pas de te le prendre.
http://cryonautes.com - http://protocole-oracle.com

dificultnspa

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #17 le: 08 février 2010 à 09:55:41 »

Interview with Nick Pope

Submitted by Gary on February 8, 2010 – 12:31 AM

Recently, GhostTheory had the opportunity to do a brief interview with well known UFOlogist Nick Pope. Nick has been worked for Britain’s Ministry of Defense (MoD) for twenty-one years in several capacities, most notably from 1991 to 1994 investigating UFO claims to assertain MoD interests. Nick has made appearances on many television shows, done many interviews, written four books and is very active within the UFO community. His official website is at www.nickpope.net . I would really like to thank Nick for taking time out of his busy schedule to answer the following questions:

Q: Nick, I know from our email discussions that you had your reservations about how the public perceives the processes that occur within the media and the press. What would you like to say to clarify this matter?

A: It has been falsely suggested that I deceived people by claiming that a video taken in California in 2008 had been taken in Ireland this year.  This is nonsense.  The confusion arose because a member of the public sent The Sun two videos he found on YouTube.  One had apparently been taken in California, the other in Ireland.  It seems that there was confusion over which was which.  My only role in any of this was to give the newspaper a couple of brief comments about the footage itself.

Q: Recently, I know you did a quick interview with MSNBC about the Dublin UFO. I was surprised to see that you did not mention that the video might not be accurate. Is there any reason for this?

A: I did mention it.  I said that with material like this there are always doubts about whether the footage is real or fake and at the end of the interview I said that with regard to this particular piece of film, there had been controversy about when and where this was taken.  The interview has been posted on YouTube so people can check this themselves.

Q: When you review photographs or video, is there a process or guideline that you personally use to examine media in question? Within recent years you have made comments on two other of The Sun photographs, in which one apparently showed a sea gull while in another from a google street view showed nine objects in formation, which can be attributed to a flight of RAF Tornado’s flying in review for the Queen. Do you have any comments about those pictures now?

A: I’ve probably commented on hundreds of photos and videos for dozens of newspapers and magazines.  There’s no process.  I just tell them what I think.  Once or twice, I’ve made mistakes, e.g. where I’ve inadvertently been sent a low-res image.

Q: Do you have any reservations about comments made on any other photographs or video from the past?

A: No.  In the media industry here in the UK there’s an old saying that today’s newspaper is tomorrow’s fish & chip paper.  The world moves on and I don’t lose sleep over old newspaper stories.

Q: I remember about a year ago a chap over there in Britain claimed he was the reason for the Rendlesham UFO. He made a statement about claiming that his truck of manure caught fire, so he parked it in the woods near the U.S. air base there, thus causing the following clamor. I know I thought it was laughable what was stated, but how did the English population receive the news?

A: The claim didn’t really get that much publicity and wasn’t taken seriously.  As we approach the 30th anniversary of the Rendlesham Forest incident we’ll probably see more people jump on the bandwagon and try to write themselves into the story.  Having seen all the MoD documents on this case and having conducted a cold case review into it in 1994 I can categorically state that the burning manure truck incident – even if it ever happened, which is far from certain - does not explain what happened at Rendlesham.

Q: What is your opinion of the rise of UFO sightings over the years, throughout the world?

A: Dealing with statistics is difficult.  We certainly see more UFO reports, but does this mean there are more sightings, or does it mean that a higher proportion of sightings is being reported, perhaps because the internet makes it easier to report?

Q: Since the Ministry Of Defense publicly stated that is was closing down the “UFO dept”, do you believe that the possibility exists of them just moving their “X files” department to a more secretive sector?

A: In response to a query from a journalist, the MoD press office made an interesting comment.  The quote was published in The Sun on  January 22, in a story that ends with the following: The MoD defended its decision to shut the UFO division.  A spokesman said: “We do not feel there is any military value in reviewing the public’s sightings”.  The key point is that the quote didn’t say there was no military value in reviewing UFO sightings – only that there was no military value in reviewing the public’s UFO sightings.  Where evidence suggests that UK airspace has been penetrated by an unidentified object, this must automatically be of defense interest and should be investigated properly, not least because such activity may be espionage or terrorism related.  So to answer your question, I’m sure that sightings from pilots and uncorrelated targets tracked on radar will continue to be looked at, albeit outside of a formally constituted UFO project.  That’s certainly the implication of the comment from the MoD press office.  On the one hand, this is understandable and it’s clear that the vast majority of sightings reported by the public were misidentifications of ordinary phenomena or objects – largely, in recent years, Chinese lanterns.  On the other hand, it’s patronizing to assume that no useful information could ever come from the public and it’s unscientific to ignore data.

Q: In your opinion, which country’s government is more liberal with UFO information? Brazil is taking an active role in UFO information declassification; will they be the first?

A: A number of countries have released UFO files, are in the process of releasing them, or have said that they intend to release them.  These include France, Brazil, the UK, Norway, Denmark and New Zealand.  However, because none of these files contain a ’smoking gun’ that proves UFOs are extraterrestrial, this is not the “Disclosure” that many ufologists talk about.

Q: Do you think websites such as YouTube help or hinder the efforts of researchers and investigators of UFO’s in regards to the amount of questionable video provided to the general populace? Do you think that fraudulent or fake video’s desensitize people’s perceptions towards UFO’s?

A: It’s a two-edged sword.  On the one hand, it provides a medium for people to quickly and easily publicize a sighting.  On the other hand, it encourages hoaxing.  It’s certainly one of a number of factors that has embedded the UFO phenomenon more firmly in popular culture.

Q: Have you ever researched or investigated into the events that transpired in the Berwyn Mountains some thirty-five years ago? Can you give  us a brief about might have occurred there?

A: On January 23, 1974, police and RAF mountain rescue teams in Wales responded to reports of a loud explosion and strange lights in the sky, near the Berwyn Mountains.  Conspiracy theorists believe a UFO crashed and the government recovered it and covered up the truth.  I’ve seen all the MoD documents on this and I’m afraid the real explanation is rather more prosaic.  The events were caused by a combination of a small earthquake and a meteor shower, together with some subsequent hoaxing and exaggeration.

Q: What does the near future hold for Nick Pope?

A: I shall continue to do a mixture of freelance journalism and TV work on a wide range of subjects including the unexplained, conspiracy theories, fringe science, science fiction, space and defense.  I’ll also be doing more PR work for a number of film companies, helping promote newly-released films and DVDs.

Written by Gary Popella - Gary@ghosttheory.com

« Modifié: 27 mai 2015 à 23:58:57 par katchina »

Nemo492

• Administrateur
  • En ligne En ligne
« Réponse #18 le: 14 septembre 2010 à 15:07:41 »

Nick Pope participe à la semaine "CLOSE ENCOUNTERS", au Royal Albert Hall de Londres,

THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT'S UFO FILES
Lundi 25 Octobre 2010 - 19h

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/close-encounters/nick-pope/default.aspx
On n'est jamais si bien trahi que par ses amis les plus proches..
Mais tant que tu n'as rien, on ne risque pas de te le prendre.
http://cryonautes.com - http://protocole-oracle.com

Michel-Vallée

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #19 le: 01 octobre 2010 à 01:43:27 »

Nick Pope, le 27 septembre 2010 sur CNN

UFO CNN - Nick Pope - 27. September 2010 - Royal Society, UN, and Mazlan Othman mentioned

http://ufosontherecord.com/blog/uk-ufo-expert-nick-popes-interview-on-cnn/
« Modifié: 28 mai 2015 à 00:00:48 par katchina »
"En ufologie, il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire"
-Aimé Michel

dificultnspa

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #20 le: 20 novembre 2010 à 10:19:37 »

lcarl

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #21 le: 19 juillet 2012 à 10:14:23 »

Bonjour,
J'ai trouvé cette interview tres intéressante de Nick pope sur le 11 septembre ou il supporte la these officielle et ou il est mis en grande difficulté par son interlocuteur, tellement qu'il finit par partir en prétextant un avion a prendre. La crédibilité du bonhomme en prend un sacré coup.
Cette vidéo You Tube ancienne, ressort car elle fait suite a des declarations recentes qu'il a fait dans le Daily Mail sur une probable invasion extra-terrestre pendant les jeux olympiques a Londres dans 8 jours, d'aucun supposant qu'elle serait un False Flag.
Merci a LOACOON qui m'a ouvert les yeux, ... du haut des pyramides.
Je met les deux documents ici:

Nick Pope mis en difficulté:

Nick Pope Exposed!

Interview de Nick Pope dans le daily mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2155885/Keep-eye-skies-saucers-Olympics-Games-warns-MoD-UFO-expert.html
« Modifié: 28 mai 2015 à 00:01:30 par katchina »
With knowledge comes responsibility.

DecemberTen

• Administrateur
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #22 le: 19 juillet 2012 à 16:56:18 »

Pope en taupe idéale de désinfo chez les ovni/conspi.
Intéressant et à creuser absolument !
BBQ party pour Pope sur YT... >:D

Diouf

• Membre d'honneur
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #23 le: 19 juillet 2012 à 19:29:50 »

Ya comme un buzz qui courre comme quoi il y aurait énormément de désinfos en tous genres avant les J.O sur ce qui se passerait etc....dans le but plus tard (puisqu'il se passera rien à part les J.O normal ) de faire désavouer publiquement par la BBC toutes les thèses dites conspirationnistes, dont le Truth Movement...qui doit tout de même gêner quelques personnes..D'ailleurs , tout ça pour occuper ceux que la télé n'occupe plus...et pendant ce temps là...

IL peut toujours chanter partout qu'il faut regarder le ciel pendant les J.O, de toutes façons ça ne garantit pas que les vidéos qu'on va nous faire circuler après montreront de vrais ovnis !
Un peuple de moutons finit par engendrer un gouvernement de loups. -Agatha Christie

EmptyHand

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #24 le: 19 juillet 2012 à 20:53:56 »

Ou bien alors, c'est juste un moyen de faire de la pub pour qu'un peu plus de monde regarde les J.O. à la T.V. en espérant apercevoir des soucoupes volantes dans un coin de l'écran. ;D

lcarl

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
Re : Re : Nick POPE
« Réponse #25 le: 19 juillet 2012 à 21:16:29 »

Ou bien alors, c'est juste un moyen de faire de la pub pour qu'un peu plus de monde regarde les J.O. à la T.V. en espérant apercevoir des soucoupes volantes dans un coin de l'écran. ;D
Bien vu!
With knowledge comes responsibility.

Divs

• Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #26 le: 16 octobre 2012 à 03:37:53 »

Britain has alien-war weapons, says former government adviser.

Britain has a stockpile of aircraft, drones and weapons that could be used to fight aliens in the event of an invasion from space, according to the government's former UFO adviser.
The Taranis could be used to fight aliens

In an interview with MSN, Nick Pope, who worked for the Ministry of Defence for 21 years, said that while Britain doesn't have a war plan, it certainly had sophisticated enough weaponry to defend itself.

Mr Pope, whose job it was to advise on the threat posed by other life forms, said that in the event of an attack he expected that we would "quickly adapt our plans for other more current war scenarios."

At present, he said, there was no special organisation like Torchwood, the alien-hunting team from the BBC science fiction series of the same name, but he said he was sure that in the event of attack an operation could be set up quickly and efficiently. World nations would probably pool their technology together like in films such as Independence Day.

Mr Pope said: "We do have several prototype aircraft and drones and other weapons you won't see on the news for another 10-15 years so if we did face a threat from the unknown then even if there is no Torchwood around now, there would be something like it by then and they certainly would have some great kit to help in the fight."

He said: "Look at the Taranis, which is a prototype made by BAE Systems. It looks for all the world like a spaceship in the hanger."

Suite & Source

PS: Quelqu'un peut-il traduire l'article en entier SVP ?

DecemberTen

• Administrateur
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #27 le: 16 octobre 2012 à 09:27:43 »

Au vu des dernières news concernant Pope et son possible rôle de désinformateur, je me demande s'il n'essaye pas là de se racheter une conduite ou plutôt une crédibilité.
En ce qui me concerne, il l'a perdue...